Filming regulations in Moscow metro
In accordance with Moscow metro regulations, filming is not permitted in Moscow metro, unless authorized by metro administration.
Original standard type permission delivered by metro authorities enables to perform the filming. The permission is given to a representative of a filming crew and contains the following information:
- the name of the company (or a person’s name in full) doing the filming;
- filming location;
- number of persons in the filming crew;
- date of filming and duration;
- names of the metro staff responsible for the filming.
No permission is necessary if:
- amateur filming is done (without using stationery equipment and professional cameras, permitted body height - under 140mm and/or lens length under 100mm);
- the filming crew is accompanied by a representative of PR department of Moscow metro with a staff pass;
- filming is done by a representative of PR department with a staff pass;
- filming is done for news reports during mass events in the metro. In this case, the crew should get registered before the event in the PR department of Moscow metro.
Scene and staged filming in Moscow metro can be performed only after signing the contract.
To obtain the permission for filming, a letter on the company’s letterhead paper should be sent to the head of Moscow metro stating the following:
- purpose of the filming;
- filming location;
- approximate date, time of filming;
- duration of shooting;
- number of people in the crew;
- contact telephone number;
- name in full and position of the person responsible for the filming (Russian-speaking only);
- precise description of the scenes planned to be shot in metro, a storyboard and the information about the equipment used for filming;
- copies of passports.
The permission for the shooting can be obtained 2-4 days after sending the enquiry form.
- unauthorized fixing of stationary equipment before escalators and on them, behind the platform line, in cars and in places with big passenger flow is prohibited;
- using flash and lighting devices on the platform when a train approaches the station is prohibited too.