Opening date: 20.03.1937
The station was opened as the second stage of Moscow metro construction.
Station design: shallow pillar-type station built to a special project.
Station architect: D.Chechulin
Design engineers: L.Voronetsky, N.Kabanov
The station features blue and yellow pillars faced with Gazgan marble and grey and pink granite floor with a traditional Ukrainian design. The track walls are covered with glazed ceramic tiles and the base is made of pink granite. Three rows of original ceiling lamps illuminate the station.
As the line was extended westwards in 1937, a metro bridge was put up over the Moskva river joining Smolenskaya and Kievskaya stations. It was the first metro bridge in the former USSR and the first open line section of Moscow metro.
Exit to: Kiev railway terminal, Bolshaya Dorogomilovskaya ulitsa, Berezhkovskaya naberezhnaya, Kievskaya ulitsa and Bryanskaya ulitsa.